Goldman Law Offices

Free consultations for all personal injury and criminal matters

Common custody and visitation issues

When Pennsylvania parents of young children have ended their marriage, there are some common issues that sometimes arise regarding custody and visitation. While many matters can often be resolved with a discussion, some may necessitate a return to court.

In some cases, a parent who is ordered to pay child support may fall behind or stop paying if the other parent is not allowing visitation to happen The parent should not do this. Courts view questions about support and visitation separately. The non-custodial parent should continue paying the support,and talk to the other parent about adding visitation time. If that doesn't work, the parent may file a motion to modify the child custody and visitation order with the court.

Non-custodial parents may sometimes fail to show up for their scheduled visitation or show up late on a regular basis. In other cases, they may consistently return the child late from their scheduled visitation time. When these types of issues occur, the parent with residential custody should talk to the non-custodial parent about the reasons for the consistent lateness. If it is because of a job, then the visitation schedule could be changed without going to court. If the parent does not have a good reason, the custodial parent may file a motion with the court to modify the visitation schedule.

It is common for parents to experience changed circumstances after the court has issued child custody and visitation orders. When this happens, a parent may want to have the assistance of a family law attorney in seeking an appropriate modification.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
  • Rated By Super Lawyer William L. Goldman Jr.|
  • Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • Avvo
  • Distinguished AV | LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell | Peer Review Rated Seal For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
  • Client Distinction Award - William L. Goldman, Esq.
  • Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • Listed in Best Lawyers | Seal of The World's Premier Guide
  • Best Lawyers | BEST LAW FIRMS | US NEWS 2020
Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Goldman Law Offices

90 E. State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901

Phone: 215-348-2605
Fax: 215-348-5247
Doylestown Law Office Map

Leave us a review of your experience with our firm Review Us