Post-Decree Modification: Seeking Changes To Family Court Orders

When a family court judge rules on issues of child custody, child support and alimony, the judge does so knowing that at some point the order may need to be changed. Circumstances in people's lives change as time goes by, and these court orders can change with them.

At Goldman Law Offices, we help clients seek modifications to court orders and we also represent clients who oppose such changes. We have extensive experience in the courts of Bucks County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County and across southeastern Pennsylvania. We understand how to present cases to judges in each community in an effort to achieve a positive result for our clients and their families.

Modifications Of Custody, Support And Alimony In Pennsylvania

In order for a court to allow support or alimony modification, the party seeking modification must show that there has been a substantial change in circumstances that warrants the change. Examples of events in your life that may qualify as a substantial change include:

  • Job loss
  • Serious injury that prevents a party from working or forces the party to work a job that pays less
  • Remarriage
  • Parental relocation

It is important to recognize that a modification of child support or alimony may trigger a modification to another. For example, if alimony payments are altered due to remarriage, child support payments may need to be changed. A substantial change in circumstances is not required to request a change in a custody order. Our attorneys have the skill and knowledge required to guide clients through all aspects of the post-judgment relief process.

Contact Goldman Law Offices Today

If you have questions about modifying a child support, alimony or custody arrangement, call Goldman Law Offices in Doylestown at 215-348-2605 or contact us online. We serve clients in Bucks County and across southeastern Pennsylvania.